PHP WordPress Developer, Farnborough Hampshire (Surrey border)
A new opportunity has become available at Strategies for a PHP WordPress Developer to join our vibrant and forward-thinking company based in Camberley on the Hampshire / Surrey border.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the company’s continued growth and success in 2021 and beyond.
We are looking for an agile and enthusiastic “middleweight” PHP WordPress Developer with 3+ years of WordPress experience. You will be a keen team player that is used to working in a fast moving environment where you need to juggle multiple projects and tasks at any one time. An eye for detail and a passion for building websites in “the right way” is a must.
We are a UK digital agency that has been in business over 20 years with an array of clients, large and small, across the UK.
This is a chance to work on projects from creation to resolution and to also help the team support all of our ongoing projects and customers. Playing a key role within a small team, the successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated and willing to learn fast.
You will be well-versed in standard WordPress management (single-site and multi-site) and have a history of creating your own plugins and themes from scratch. You will need to display examples of both to successfully pass your interview.
The successful candidate will have at least three years commercial experience and a skill-set that contains the following.
Essential Experience & Skills
- Working with PHP-based CMS and e-commerce platforms especially WordPress and ideally WooCommerce
- Circa 3 yrs commercial coding experience in PHP, gained from a fast paced digital agency setting
- Responsive frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- MySQL administration and optimisation
- Creating your own WordPress plugins
- Creating your own WordPress themes from agreed designs
- Modifying parent WordPress themes by creating your own child themes
- Integrating systems via APIs
- Working with version control (SVN or similar)
- Working with preprocessors (ideally less)
Advantageous Experience & Skills
- Drupal CMS
- PHP Frameworks, ideally Symfony
- Maintaining and creating class-based libraries and systems
- Developing applications and systems with security as a priority
- Elastic Search
- Excellent & competitive salary
- 5% pension contribution
- 22 days holiday per year plus Christmas closing
- Your birthday off
- Remote working model available (optional)
- Working with a young, vibrant team in a modern office/remotely
- Regular team socials
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Strategies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To apply for the role please contact us.