Our hosting, maintenance, and support package includes the following elements:
- Hosting (of your website), including Disaster Recovery (DR), high availability, and monitoring to provide maximum uptime for your website
- Bandwidth to allow your users to quickly load and view your website
- Maintenance and updates of the server’s operating system, fire walls, and security systems
- Website maintenance and security updates of the core system, and the recruitment software and plugins that your site uses
- Support for your website: running your website shouldn’t be difficult, so our package includes a monthly support allowance designed to help you run your website
Hosting comes in a wide variety of packages and levels of quality. We pride ourselves on providing some of the best hosting services available, all managed in-house in the UK for added peace of mind.
We provide the following hosting infrastructure and services:
- Server hardware and software is owned by us and is fully maintained by our own UK based in-house team
- Our servers are located at Datum’s high security (List X) data center on Cody Technology Park in Farnborough – close to our head office, ensuring that our team have fast and secure access to the servers
- We host websites on our VMware based system that has multiple redundant servers, disks, power supplies, and connections to the internet – this ensures that your website will have a highly reliable, high availability connection to the outside world
- Because we have built-in redundancy across our systems, in the unlikely event that any servers, disks, power supplies, mains power, or internet connections fail, your website would still be fully available – we aim (and achieve) to have over 99.9% uptime
- We have a replica system which is updated every 15 mins for disaster recovery – a copy of your website and all your data is backed up off-site every night for
- We provide full domain name registration and management services
- All our sites are served via HTTPS as standard – HTTPS encrypts communications so that attackers can’t steal data and helps to prevent multiple kinds of cyber attacks
- Our highly experienced engineers monitor all the technology for any outage 24hrs a day and have multiple automated systems to provide additional monitoring
Bandwidth, in simple terms, is the amount of data you can send to your users at any given time. The more bandwidth, the more data you can send/the more users you can send it to.
Our bandwidth is unmetered and is included as part of our hosting package. Some other hosting services limit bandwidth usage on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis and will charge you extra if you go above a predefined limit. We do not do this so you can be sure your site will be accessible and there won’t be any unexpected bills for excessive bandwidth use.
Maintenance of your website
As with any platform, it is vitally important for the smooth running and security of any sites running on WordPress that it is kept up-to-date. We provide fully managed maintenance of your website so you don’t have to worry about what updates to install or when to install them.
We have many years of successful experience and expertise in building, maintaining, and securing WordPress based sites and plugins. We update the core WordPress installation and any plugins your site uses on a regular cycle. In addition to this we closely monitor security alerts from WordPress and the wider developer/security researcher community to ensure that your site is kept up to date with new security features.
Support for your website
Thanks to the user-friendly nature of WordPress, you’ll find that your site will be easy to manage ‘out of the box’, and you’ll also be provided with training on the admin system should you need it. However, we know that sometimes you’ll need a little extra help. So we include a monthly support allowance that allows you to tap into the expertise of our experienced development and support team.
We don’t outsource support to a call center or to overseas developers. Our support is provided by the same in-house team who build and maintain our websites. So you can be sure that you’ll be dealing with someone who can really help you and knows our systems inside out.
Examples of the type of support we can provide include:
- Adding or amending pages and content
- Uploading images and documents you want hosted on the site
- Helping you to ensure that content you’ve added will work on different sized screens and devices
- Providing telephone/email support and guidance to you, especially in regard to how to use your site
- Liaising with third-party services where technical support is required