PHP WordPress Developer, Farnborough Hampshire (Surrey border)
A new opportunity has become available at Strategies for a WordPress/PHP Developer to join our vibrant and forward-thinking company based in Farnborough on the Hampshire.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the company’s continued growth and success in 2022 and beyond.
We are looking for a WordPress/PHP developer with a minimum 2 years of professional experience to complement our existing team. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable history of producing high-quality WordPress based sites utilising both the core WordPress system as well as plug-ins and custom code.
Design is a key feature of the sites we produce. So although no design experience is required, we’re looking for a developer who understands the importance of building sites to match a design and can help to bring a site alive with animation and interactivity.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable working with PHP and MYSQL and be well-versed in standard WordPress site setup and management. An ability to build custom plugins would be an advantage.
This is a chance to work on projects from creation to resolution and to also help the team support all of our ongoing projects and customers. Playing a key role within a small team, the successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated and willing to learn fast.
- Take designs and wireframes supplied by our designers and convert them into highly polished WordPress based sites
- Work with the team to provide on-going maintenance and support for our WordPress based websites and plugins
- Updating existing customer websites, adding new functionality and solving support requests
- Optimising websites for speed, performance, and security
- Solid experience of building and maintaining WordPress websites
- Experience with version control (SVN or similar)
- Excellent eye for detail – being able to deliver exactly what the designers/clients want is critical
- A logical approach to problem solving and cross-browser testing
- Good understanding of SEO best-practices
- Experience integrating third-party APIs
- Working knowledge of Photoshop & Figma (or similar)
- Self motivated with good time management skills/ability to work to deadlines
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- 5% pension contribution
- 22 days holiday per year
- Your birthday off
- Remote working model available (optional)
- Working with a experienced, vibrant team in a modern office based in a secure technology park in Farnborough (onsite restaurants, cafe and gym)
- Regular team socials
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Strategies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To apply for the role please complete the following form or contact us.